Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meteor

Meteor

Meteor unveiled their new offerings at the Southern Open 10 man event at Paintball Atlanta. I was lucky enough to pick up one of the feather bodies and a classic frame they had for sale. Really cool stuff they are doing. Bringing back those classic looks we all fell in love with.

Last edited by baconquilt; 12-04-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Looks awesome! Really hoping I'm high on the list to get one of the 2000s give me something to do over the holiday break!

What do you think of that chamber and valve combo that was the most interesting thing in the FB post I thought. Also what kind of detents do they use?

Ha I had a pic of the spyder detents but there is a 12 pic limit for each post so that one went the wayside.

I think the "Red Chamber" is a nifty idea. Merlin extrusions had a little bit more meat on lower part of the body to allow for the grip frame screws to thread into because the lower tube was through bored 11/16. If you were to through bore a WGP body 11/16, you would run into the problem of the front grip frame screw hole now goes all the way into the pressurized portion of lower tube.

This was solved using the "Red Chamber" to plug the holes and give something for the front frame screw and VASA screw to thread into. It also created the spring perch for the valve spring.

Now, you can see in the pics above the tiny air port in the red chamber. I was talking with Gant at the event about LP operation and how the merlins went about taking advantage of that. He made a comment about making other chambers with more volume. So that is in the future.

Awesome thank you!

The chamber I think is a great solution and I'm glad you mentioned that conversation. Very clever on their part for future options.

Here is what it might look like if built up.
    I got home and just slapped some parts on it to get it going.
    Not in its final state as I do want to eventually use Meteor parts for this build.

Looks great. I've got a brand new set of empire/inception pneus that I was saving for this so ill be hunting for some other bits soon to complete. I think the nummech feednecks complement the styles pretty well

Looks great... I'm actually waiting for them to release the G Series...

pblock- not a fan.
    Wall hangers are for chumps

Everyone wants a Westwood for the price of a Prostock

If you don't ship to Hawaii, I don't ship to you. Flat rate boxes cost the same.

Lucky you....pretty cool concept on the valve chamber, would defiantly be interested in the 2000 kit. Great priced btw

Locked in the preordee/payment today gonna be a fun winter project