Thread: Blackmagic 2005 bolt question

Blackmagic 2005 bolt question

I purchased a 2005 blackmagic in a deal. It is with e2 board.
    Dry fire eyes off works fine.

With paint and eyes on it is not possible to shoot lines. Only some few balls with lot of time between each.

I looked into breach (breech?) and saw in cocked position a lot of the bolt looking into breech. I think it is not possible for theballs to enter the breech.

Now my question, how do i set the bolt due to the fact that the blackmagic has no backblock?
    I tried to change length of pumprod, but that does not change position of bolt?
    Any ideas or a manual of the blackmagic?

First, make sure the sled isn't hitting the body. You want a gap of about 1/16" when the gun is GASSED UP between the front of the sled, and the front of the slot. Ram bumpers compress, so setting it when the gun is not gassed up will give you false settings.
    Second, turn up the LPR a little, and see if the bolt clears.
    Third, is the bolt black? The first few that WGP made had black bolts that the eyes didn't read very well. If the bolt is black, there's solutions we can go into later.
    Fourth, don't worry about the position of the bolt face as long as the sled isn't hitting the body, and the bolt is clearing the breach. Over travel is designed in, don't try to get rid of it.
    WWW.MOODYPB.Com
    Dragged kicking and screaming into modern social media: MPP Farcebook page

Gassed up the gap is a bit more than 1/16. something between 1/8 and 1/16.
    I changed the board to an e1, in classic mode the breech is free, the sled/bolt fully back.
    I turned the lpr up, but the solenoid starts leaking.

Yes, its a black bolt. So maybe we should look on this?

OK, so the sled is set correctly, the 1/16" is the minimum gap you want.
    Reset the LPR by turning it down until the gun doesn't cock, then slowly turning it back up until it cycles reliably.
    Go into the menu, and check the eye readings. What does it read when the bolt is closed? What's the reading when it's open? What does it read when a ball is in the breach, and what is the sensitivity set to?
    WWW.MOODYPB.Com

Gone out of air. So lpr setting has to wait.

Eye setting ( e2 board, sensitivity was set to 40%)
    Bolt closed 23
    Bolt open 38
    With ball 28 (2 colors, dark orange, black), no bright ball here, but with white paper instead of ball eye shoes 96!

Maybe just the crappy 2 color paint caused this issue???
    Last edited by grossmeisterbe; 02-13-2018 at 08:37 PM.

It's a combination of the paint, and the bolt.
    With the ball reading 28%, having it set to 40% means the eye is ignoring the paint when it does drop in. You want the sensitivity set closer to what the ball reads when it's in front of the eye.
    The ball and bolt isn't showing a large change, so the eye logic is having trouble telling when the breach opened, and to start looking for a change to indicate a ball has loaded. If you take a small file, or dremell, and remove a little material right where the eye sees the bolt, then paint that area white on the bolt, it will give the eye a better reading for when the bolt opens, and that will tell it to start looking for a change that will indicate a ball dropped into place.
    WWW.MOODYPB.Com

Ok, the bolt modification makes sense.
    Do i modify the tip in front of the first orring, or the part between the two orings?

Take the eye out and keep the bolt in the gun. Then use a sharp scribe to Mark where the eye is on the bolt. You want the white patch to go from the back all the way to the front.
    WWW.MOODYPB.Com

I colored the bolt as you described. I set eyes correct and used yellow paint.
    Now everything works fine!
    Thank you very much!!!