Thread: HPR is leaking

HPR is leaking

I have a gx3 cocker and the hpr is leaking at the bottom where the adjustment is. Is there an o ring that needs to be replace somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a piston oring which might be the culprit so it is worth checking out.

But my bet it is the inner seal. If it is the original reg.. the piston inside has a little red seal in it.. It most likely is now a gummi bear. When you go to pull the piston out, the hex head plug is loctighted in so you may need to apply some heat to unscrew it. I just checked ANS and it looks like the piston is no longer available. So you will need to open it up scrape out the red goo. I have on occasion put 2 orings in its place one that fit inside the other (Yes I know it is not the right way). And then reassembled it. I have 2 cockers set up this way... It is optimal?... no but it does work.

Here is the link to the piston
    https://www.ansgear.com/ANS_X2_Inlin...2regpiston.htm

you will see the oring and the hex plug on the bottom of it.

THUMPER pretty much nailed it (correct info).

For oring sizes, use the following for the GX2 piston
    ......outer piston.......012
    ......inner piston urethane disk replacement........010 with a 006 placed inside of it.

Start with the 012 and replace to see if that fixes the leak first. Only proceed with the urethane disk replacement as a last resort. Additionally, be very careful in doing it (disk replacement) so as to not cause the piston to not go out of spec (no longer have an equal cylinder size). If out of spec, your consistency will be all over the place.
    Last edited by Mr. Red; 03-13-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Ok I will check it out. Thanks. Also is the thick urethane reg seal the same as in the automag valve?

Quote Originally Posted by Boddah View Post
    Ok I will check it out. Thanks. Also is the thick urethane reg seal the same as in the automag valve?

Not sure but that is still available from ANS
    http://www.ansgear.com/ANS_X2_Regula...p/ansx2reb.htm

the inner piston seal is not however.

Success! Piston oring thanks guys. Now back to farting with the timing and 3 way with another gun