Thread: AKA tornado bolt questions

AKA lightning bolt questions

All,

Am mulling over picking up a new 2k lightning bolt from AKA but am wondering if I should expect to see any fitment issues with a 2k WGP body.

Don't expect to, but I hear about occasional sizing issues, and don't want to be caught unawares.

Does anyone have one on hand they could mic for OD?

Thanks very kindly!
    Last edited by Menace; 06-14-2018 at 10:03 PM.

I ran a lightning bolt in a 2005 prostock with no fitment issues.

I think people ran into issues with the “evo” bolts because allegedly merlin spec upper tubes are slightly larger than standard cockers so the bolts ran slightly larger. If your going Delrin and you run into any figment issues you can use a high grit sandpaper to take it down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by kroniccocker View Post
    I think people ran into issues with the “evo” bolts because allegedly merlin spec upper tubes are slightly larger than standard cockers so the bolts ran slightly larger. If your going Delrin and you run into any figment issues you can use a high grit sandpaper to take it down a little.
    Will second this! I bought an EVO spec delrin bolt from AKA and I had to chuck it up and massage it with some 400. I wound up taking just about a thousandth off and it's still snug. It doesn't quite glide in and out like my other AKA delrin bolt, so I'll probably chuck it up again this weekend when I get time. As far as I've read, just like kroniccocker said this pretty much just applies to the EVO spec bolts.
    WTB: MECHANICAL ECLIPSE AUTOCOCKER!!! PM ME IF YOU'RE READY TO PART WITH YOURS!!

Thanks, all!