Thread: Hinge frame project.

Hinge frame project.

I have decided to design my own hinge frame. I've been trying to track down a sprecific hinge frame for some time now and nothing reasonable has come up. I get an hour for lunch and I have Solidworks at my disposal, so I figured why the heck not . I'm going to try and design something that feels similar to an eclipse frame. Not sure if I'll make any ground breaking improvements, however I'm open to suggestions. I have access to a cnc machine shop that I used to work for and I've got the ability to generate a tool path and design milling fixtures so we'll see what happens.

I'll keep this thread updated with pictures and progress. I'll try to update weekly if I can.

Wish me luck.

-TJ
    WTB: MECHANICAL ECLIPSE AUTOCOCKER!!! PM ME IF YOU'RE READY TO PART WITH YOURS!!

I'm a blender with sliders. But the kind folks here don't razz me. I love hinges and am subscribing to this thread.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    THE Hulk

My Feedback:
    http://www.customcockers.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=2867

Come to the Dark Side...We have Cookies.

I'm a fan of hinge frame, personal favorite is 2004 CCM 86* frame. Something along that line would be great.

How is this one going?

I got side tracked. Wound up having an eclipse frame and getting some measurements but nothing mocked up. I was lucky enough to con work into letting me have a solidworks seat for the house so I can do design work when I'm in my comfy pants, which is nice. I am in the middle of moving again, so it will still be a while before I get anything mocked up. My dad bought a 3d printer and I plan to start prototyping mid to late Q2 of 2019 is my goal.
    WTB: MECHANICAL ECLIPSE AUTOCOCKER!!! PM ME IF YOU'RE READY TO PART WITH YOURS!!