Thread: Autococker wonít recock + Barrel Leak

Autococker wonít recock + Barrel Leak

Iím rebuilding a 98 Minicocker, all new pneumatics, dye hyper regulator, hinge frame and lightning bolt. When I air up the gun, there is a leak out of the barrel, it stops when I pull back on the bolt. I do have the gun cocked before airing it up. The gun does shoot, but it will not recock the gun. Iíve adjusted the dye reg up and down, Iíve adjusted the lpr up and down, none of it seems to help. I havenít done anything to the valve or internals.

When I pull on the block there is quite a bit of pressure holding it to the frame, which leads me to believe the 3-way isnít set up correctly (itís a bomb 2). Iíve switched the hoses and it locked the bolt in the back position, but wouldnít allow me to fire the gun, so I switched them back. Iíve adjusted the sear lug down so far it wouldnít cock and have been walking it out bit by bit and that hasnít helped either. I need some guidance, this is my first cocker rebuild and I really want to learn how to do it all myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yty2wMSSQDk
    long video but this explains it all.

Thanks, I’ve seen that before (it’s actually the video that convinced me I could rebuild this gun). I rewatched it and it was the 3 way that was the problem, it was too far forward so I shortened the timing rod to get it in sync. Now the 3 way leaks slightly when the trigger isn’t pulled, when it’s pulled and the 3 way rod is completely forward it has no leak. So I guess that’s the next hill to climb. Any suggestions?

check your front block. make sure it isnt twisted slightly. I have seen this cause some slight leaks since it is now putting pressure on the timing rod when it is its shortest. I have never used a bomb but i understand they have a very short throw and your trigger may be over traveling forward as well. It may just take some time moving the 3 way adjustment back and fourth till you find the sweet spot too.