Thread: Is a Trilogy worth upgrading?

Is a Trilogy worth upgrading?

This is a question I have asked myself on a few occasions and since I have used a couple of them I have found them to be just as reliable and smooth shooting as any other autococker. I put an eblade on one a while back and it was a great marker until I stole the grip for another build. With some good parts laying around unused, I revisited the idea and put together a beater Trilogy with a $40 body I found on the internet. I made some changes including a TechT adjustable 3-way rod, A Palmers LPR and a Palmers Hi Flow valve. It shot really well so I used it off and on at the field and debated whether to leave it as a beater or upgrade it some more.

Well, you know how that went and I couldn't leave it alone so I had to start chopping up the body and doing some more upgrading. I cut the feed neck off and filed it to fit an Empire clamping feed neck

Then I got a new WGP grip for it with an anodized trigger and had that T-Slot milled for a PE ASA.

And I got a new Freak Slimline 1 piece barre. I put that all together and came up with an even nicer chopped and modded beater Trilogy.

So that brought me to where I am now... should I keep it as a nice shooting beater that I don't have to worry about or should I actually make it look as nice as it shoots. But who does that anyway? Who would put $200 - $300 into an anodizing job for a crappy old Trilogy?

I guess me. Off it went to Blizzard Anodizing and I just got these pictures back from Rob.

The idea for the Ano was loosely based on the Trilogy Tactical model with the green and brown blotchy camo, and I think it turned out great. So now I'm waiting to get it back from the snowy (or rainy) white north. I'll post some more pictures when I get it put back together.
    Last edited by JayY; 12-21-2018 at 06:24 PM.

There's satisfaction in building something up. I also upgraded my trilogy's valve, added a tech t timing rod, hpr, and changed out the springs. It's now a great shooter. I wasn't planning on any other mods, but your thread has me rethinking things too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You're just all kinds of old school cool
    My Collection

You should do it. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Its already looking like a much more updated marker now.

Looks great.

I dig it man. Trilogies don't get enough respect in my opinion. Super light. This has me considering going the same route.
    WTB: Gen 2 and Gen 3 SFL Autocockers

I'm glad ya'll like it, maybe we can start a trend to improve the collectability of the Trilogy. Since TechT made more of the adjustable 3-way rods, it should help things a bit. They were hard to come by for a while, now they are in stock at Paintball Gateway.

One question for you on the mod. How did you get the lower internals smooth? That super long valve spring always throws me for a loop, and I end up having to use a heavier hammer spring than I would prefer.
    WTB: Gen 2 and Gen 3 SFL Autocockers

Quote Originally Posted by brando247 View Post
    How did you get the lower internals smooth?
    I did have a problem with the IVG threads shredding the valve O-ring every time I took it out. I wrapped some 120 grit sandpaper around a dowel and ran it through the threads a few times and that took care of it.

I am using the stock valve spring and I just swapped around the hammer spring until I found one that worked with the Palmer's Low Turbulence valve and the stock hammer. From the look of it, I think it's a stock WGP spring and the marker shoots 280 fps @ 220 psi with the IVG about 1 turn in from flush

Quote Originally Posted by brando247 View Post
    How did you get the lower internals smooth?
    I did have a problem with the IVG threads shredding the valve O-ring every time I took it out. I wrapped some 120 grit sandpaper around a dowel and ran it through the threads a few times and that took care of it.

I am using the stock valve spring and I just swapped around the hammer spring until I found one that worked with the Palmer's Low Turbulence valve and the stock hammer. From the look of it, I think it's a stock WGP spring and the marker shoots 280 fps @ 220 psi with the IVG about 1 turn in from flush

I love Trilogy Autocockers. They're definitely the "underdog" of the Autococker world.

Do you have any pictures of it assembled after anno?