Thread: Empire Resurrection Trigger stick

Empire Resurrection Trigger stick

The trigger on my Empire Resurrection frequently sticks and will not return to resting position.

I have checked:
    - Trigger return spring is not deformed or binding up
    - Removing safety has no effect
    - Timing rod not bend
    - 3-way shaft not bent and o-rings in great shape and lubricated
    - Front block is perfectly aligned with body
    - HPR is set to consistently cock gun

When I remove the frame, the trigger will still stick back so I believe the problem is some friction between the roller sear and trigger plate. Neither show signs of wear. The small cylinder does separate from the sear and even small amounts of oil donít seem to help.

I am considering replacing the trigger plate entirely with the Inception Designs NOS plate. It is supposed to replicate the regular trigger feel of a slide frame vs the snappy Empire feel but it's $45 for a piece of plastic. Anyone with any experience with the NOS plate ? https://www.inceptiondesigns.com/Pro...tCode=IFP-1038

I've noticed that the return spring on these wears rather quickly , if you swap out the heavy sear spring that can help too. Usually I just change to a slightly heavier trigger return spring and a much lighter sear spring and this resolves this.
    " Happy little slaves for minimum wages "

I have a nos kit in my ressy. I could not get the stock step ramped trigger plate out of it fast enough. I had the trigger stick initially as well (bough it used). The PO lost the little rubber spring guide and the trigger spring never fit right. I first put the inceptions trigger and sear springs in and it helped tremendously. But I still hated the snappy feel of the trigger. I then bought one of Simon's NOS kits. He wouldn't sell just the plate so I had to buy all the springs with the plate. The trigger is night and day now. no more snappy feel. It is smooth like my old benchmarks. I got so used to shooting the snappy trigger I find myself short stroking now and again. I questioned the plastic trigger plate but It seems ok and if it ever wore out it will probably be years down the road. and who knows what frame ill have on it by then, especially if the gas through frames ever hit mainstream.

Thanks Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Thumper View Post
    I have a nos kit in my ressy. I could not get the stock step ramped trigger plate out of it fast enough. I had the trigger stick initially as well (bough it used). The PO lost the little rubber spring guide and the trigger spring never fit right. I first put the inceptions trigger and sear springs in and it helped tremendously. But I still hated the snappy feel of the trigger. I then bought one of Simon's NOS kits. He wouldn't sell just the plate so I had to buy all the springs with the plate. The trigger is night and day now. no more snappy feel. It is smooth like my old benchmarks. I got so used to shooting the snappy trigger I find myself short stroking now and again. I questioned the plastic trigger plate but It seems ok and if it ever wore out it will probably be years down the road. and who knows what frame ill have on it by then, especially if the gas through frames ever hit mainstream.
    I can give it a try. Did you also swap out to a different roller sear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickfactor View Post
    I can give it a try. Did you also swap out to a different roller sear?
    I have every intention to... but I still havent yet. I am not convinced the PO didnt do a home trigger job on this sear. I have gotten used to the trigger to the point I shortstroke so infrequently now. and to be totally honest I picked up a gmek a few weeks ago and I have been rolling with it more than my ressy or any of my cockers (I almost feel like I am cheating on my other guns lol)