Thread: Slider Search - Good time, or a Bad time to look?

Slider Search - Good time, or a Bad time to look?

Coming back after taking some time off...

I don't have any projects - all of my markers are still in good shape after a quick o-ring inspection and lubricate.

Just casually looking at all these new slider frames out there, and the price hike, and curious about whether to dip my toe in this new pool and try the new tech. Opinions? I've got an Eclipse hinge on my BlackMagic that has worked fine forever. Wouldn't hate using that marker as a slider.
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

The meteor frames are amazing, with the right internals, easily as good as an angry frame IMO.

ID's new FLE slider's are super customizable and the new plates fix a lot of complaints old school guys have about the trigger pull.

Niche is ok, their 45 sliders are really nice but about as rare as a CCM 86 hinge. The 86 sliders are ok but nothing to write home about.

I think that's most of the new frames out there? I haven't tried the gas-thru's form LNT or Nummech yet (are they even available?)

Lots of good products out thare all hac minimal pros and cons but nothing to bad to say dont buy.

I do like the classic Meteor frames and picked an extra one up to use down the road. Unfortunately they are no longer producing cocker parts like they were and the only ones available are second hand I think.
    My biggest gripe on the Meteor frame is the mixed use of standard/metric threads. Aside from that, all the ones I've seen have been of superb quality.

I cant comment on the inception frames or gas thru frames.

And of course trying to doctor up the frames with roller sears have become expensive too. Belsales is no longer making roller sears anymore that I'm aware of so those are harder to find.
    One good thing is Shocktech started making parts again including all their trigger goodies so there is some availability there and the sears aren't going for $100+ anymore.

Once again I haven't tried an Inception roller sear so no comment on those.

I am eagerly awaiting to see if Freeflow will release some of their trigger components to the masses.

I wonder if a trip to a hobby shop isn’t a more affordable solution. RC car bearing, drill a pin hole, cut a slot, install bearing.
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

Inception frame with their delrin trigger plate and roller sear, is a phenominal frame. No need to polish or tweak anything. Just drop in and go, or buy a pre-assembled frame. I personally use Meteor Classic frames on my bodies, but I also heavily modify them.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post

Niche is ok, their 45 sliders are really nice but about as rare as a CCM 86 hinge. The 86 sliders are ok but nothing to write home about.
    I highly disagree with that. I have a Niche 86* frame and it's by far the best frame I've ever used. Granted, I swapped the sear for a roller, and swapped the slop screws for brass tipped, but it's super comfy, smooth, and has the lightest springing I've ever seen. It's amazing it still works.

I haven't tried many of the other modern frames, but the inception frames are pretty cool. They're easy to set up. The slotted timing hole and dual profile ramp makes them very forgiving when it comes to timing. Only gripe with them is that the sear spring is way too stiff from the factory, it pretty much negates the roller sear.
    From the darkness it rises...

Quote Originally Posted by Magmoormaster View Post
    I have a Niche 86* frame and ... It's amazing it still works.

I haven't tried many of the other modern frames, but the inception frames are pretty cool ... the sear spring is way too stiff from the factory, it pretty much negates the roller sear.
    Hot tips! Sticking with ANS, then.
    I wield the ban-hammer!