Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Styn Valve Pre-Order NOW OPEN!

Update:
    To speed up production I put in the order with MAC for the custom pilot solenoids today. This will take approximately 6 weeks. I will be receiving the newest prototype either tomorrow or Monday/Tuesday. Once I receive them I will do my efficiency test if the valve is equal or comes within 80% of what my shocker XLS can do then I will deem it efficient enough. I will post pictures and maybe a video of what you will be receiving and efficiency test. After that I will order all the valve parts which has a lead time of 3 weeks. Hope that is all fine. When I am close to finish with everything I will ask for payment. Valves will be shipped all on the same day and from Germany with DHL directly to you as it is the safest and fastest way. I will be making a trip to Germany so anyone who doesn't pay on time when I ask them to will have to wait a few weeks more. Please note I do not have Facebook anymore and the only way you can contact me is through here. My messenger is still working and I will try and make a mission to contact people who only wrote to me on Facebook. I will create a new Facebook account please ignore any rumours on Facebook I am not going anywhere. I love designing paintball products and I will give personal troubleshooting and assistance to anyone buying this batch of valves.
    Instant pro player just add paint!

Im just posting to say yeeeaaahhh...

Hate that I missed the pre-sale list. I don’t get on here often

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman86 View Post
    Hate that I missed the pre-sale list. I donít get on here often
    I will sell a few a month after preorders.
    The batch will be available late this year and might include a kill electro kit...

Update:
    So... Got the parts yesterday and they were not manufactured to spec... As a result I have to wait again for the new parts...

Update:
    Did a rough efficiency test today and I was pretty happy with results.
    Shocker XLS
    13cui 2000psi
    Freak XL 687
    ~100 shoots after which velocity dropped significantly
    Starting velocity unknown

Autococker SR with styn Valve
    13cui 2000psi
    Freak XL 687
    ~85shots before significant velocity drop
    Starting velocity unknown

I know this doesn't say much but the field I was at didn't have a Chrono so not even sure if it is a fair comparison as I don't know if the velocities were the same, they did look the same though. But 85 shots on a 13cui with 2000psi fill isn't bad.

I will have to redo the test again when I have a Chrono.
    I still have new prototype pistons coming in which should be a lot more efficient.

If you dont mind me asking what it that your changing on the pistons that affects the efficiency?

Basically you have to balance the hole size with the biasing spring, differential area and flow coefficient of the Pilot solenoid. Basically I need to optimise flow through the piston. To much flow and the valve opens slow but shuts fast, to little it opens fast and shuts slow. Ideally you want it to shut fast and open fast for it to be very efficient. It is a bit trial and error as theory and practice results tend to differ. I tried a different piston design but they delivered my prototypes not to spec but when I get the newer piston I think it will work better as I optimised it to shut faster using a small trick but had to sacrifice a bit of flow for it. I will be testing that piston next week hopefully

I pmd you with a question a while back.
    Do you know if this valve will work on karnivors after they have been bored to the correct valve size?
    Karnivors have the cocking rod attatched to the back block.
    When using karnivors with MQ valves usually the cocking rod is cut to around 2 inches or so to prevent the back block from spinning while cycling.

Is the styn valve short enough that the chopped ICS Rod will not touch the valve while cycling?