Thread: sear pins

sear pins

was there different diameter sear pins for older slider frames? i thought they were all the same. i have a ptp slider frame and tried 2 different sear pins and they just fall out of the frame. think i may have to 'peen' the frame or pin a little

I've had a pin or two fall through before. I just figured it was the tolerances showing between the different pins and frames.

In this case I would rule the frame being slightly too big.

Quote Originally Posted by baconquilt View Post
    I've had a pin or two fall through before. I just figured it was the tolerances showing between the different pins and frames.

In this case I would rule the frame being slightly too big.
    I’ve found many times that stripping and reanodizing causes the holes to enlarge - ptp markers have often been recolored over the years.

I’ve used grip panels to hold the sear pin in place. Alternatively, a cheeky sticker or bit of clear tape.
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

Most likely from a re-ano job. You can order gauge pins, and cut one down to fit for a perfect pin, but that can get pricey.
    WWW.MOODYPB.Com
    Dragged kicking and screaming into modern social media: MPP Farcebook page

pretty much what i was thinking. just curious if you guys knew a pin thats just a little bigger maybe from a different marker or something. looks like the grips are holding it in
    thanks fellas