Old School vs New School

So if you had ONLY 1 choice

Obtain a mint

Unused Boston Paintball Twister from 2004

or

New Inception Designs Twister

Which would you choose and why?

Pro's and Con's of each?

Wait, do you mean the 2014 Twister (F-Series)? I'll assume so here, bc the rest are pre-2k.

I have both (and pre-2k), so here are my thoughts on them.

The Inception Twister that I have (Extended Reach Excaliber ano) is light. Extremely light. It also has a good frame that you can tweak for a short trigger pull (if you grab a new delrin plate and know what you're doing, it gets crazy short), full barrel kit, and the front end is pretty solid. It's also the first marker I ever got that had blowback from the factory (Inception, not Committed). The ram is interesting in that you can have the pressure too low as to where it will cock the gun and dry fire it just fire, but add a ball and back pressure leads to blow back and chops. First time I pulled the trigger, and I had blowback pass my head. It also can be due to bolt fit. That said, those are not hard things to fix. The regulator is good as well, and it comes with a full barrel kit. There are a good number of ano options as well, and the front end pnuematics are strong performers, and it has a full barrel kit that shoots great. The marker is also extremely efficient. Keep in mind all my markers have reflex kits, and are completely gas hogs. Like the F5 I'll take about here in a moment got a loader and 4 1/2 160 pods out of a 100ci/4500psi tank. The same type of kit on the ID Twister was getting 7-8 pods out of the same tank. That's like 400-500 shots. That's nothing to sneeze at. There are also plenty of parts left for them, and if you're an original owner, lifetime service at Boston Paintball. That said, if you are looking at reselling, the F-Series will hold value at a better level.

The F-Series has more elaborate milling and will definitely hold value better. Some people will never look at Inception cockers as 'real' cockers since they are not WGP bodies, and these were (yes, they were ANS G-Series bodies prior, but those started life as a WGP body). If it's an F5, it was loaded with great parts, with either a palmers/bomb 3 way, an AKA LPR, Palmers ram, lightning bolt, and tornado valve. You aren't going to do much better in terms of performance or just personal preference at that point, so that's a draw to me. The ano could be pretty much anything, so that's really personal choice as well, but there were a whole lot more options with these. The frames were basically quickfires that were milled a bit more. Those are really solid frames as well, but a really different feel than the ID frames. People either love or hate the ID frames, so that's entirely personal choice. They have sidewinders stock, so again, you aren't getting a better reg than that. The value on these are higher, and it's a pretty stable market. They don't pop up a lot, and when they do, they go for a lot. So if that matters, these are clearly better in that category.

I would probably go with the F5 myself. They're harder to find, let alone one that hasn't seen the field. If I don't like it, I can always resell it and grab an ID twister and still have money left over. The ID is nice (I can do some really fun things with those frames), but the F series is pretty stacked in it's own right, and the milling is pretty awesome. The value hold on them really kind of puts it over the top. But both are extremely nice cockers in my opinion.

Why not both?

Like cf00s, I'm also a twister nerd and have own an F and an ID. He pretty much nails it on the head. I'd add that if you like the way any of the Inception cockers feel you'll like the Twister version as it's the exact same parts, which also make it a bit less special in my opinion. The Inceptions are also good because they're pretty much idiot proof if you don't mess with it.

The F's on the other hand are masterpieces. Every F5 was built and tuned to perfection by Firpo and Committed and it shows in how they shoot. Each one is a one-off ano design and they're all gorgeous. Keep in mind though there were a bunch of body kits sold as well so some of those builds are a little more iffy.

Now if you want to talk original original, I think that's tough, only because there was no set parts list, so every person got a pretty different experience. Plus the fact that there's very few cockers out there that are still setup as it came from the factory. I love the original clamshell milling, would love to see that brought back on a new one sometime.
    Last edited by fullofpaint; 07-11-2019 at 07:18 AM.

I wish I never sold my old Twister Clamshell from 2004. Falbe did all my work on my Twister along with Hoodie and 1 other guy. (God so long ago)

The person who bought my Twister 'Half Blocked' it and messed it up so bad it broke

Funny, I still call Committed Paintball Boston Paintball Supply

Last edited by Wonginit; 07-11-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Thats a beautiful cocker and a travesty someone half blocked it.

To answer the OP, I would prefer one of those OG twisters as I dont see the new style ones as equals to the originals. Like that example you just posted with the green acid wash.

Now that purple/gold one looks pretty in the color department.

I am just hesitant with the overall looks of the inception bodies. Most notably is the back block style. I hate it. Never cared for the back blocks on mid 2k cockers. I prefer the chunky 98 style with windows on the side.

The exception to that would be P block as I am a sucker for those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonginit View Post
    New Inception Designs Twister
    Quote Originally Posted by cfos00 View Post
    Wait, do you mean the 2014 Twister (F-Series)? I'll assume so here, bc the rest are pre-2k.
    I assume he means this one.

WTB Planet Eclipse, BPS Express, & Taso Spyders
    skinnyfatguy's Collection | My WTB List

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyfatguy View Post
    I assume he means this one.

He was asking about the ID or the F-Series, so both.

And I remember seeing that green acid wash twister on ebay after he half-blocked it. Halfblocked a twister. A sled riding on a frickin' twister. What. An. Idiot.