Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What internal are you running.

Cannot fathom using a red mainspring. That has to beat a marker to death over time, and as noted above, forget about pinching paint.

For hammers, green is typically the heaviest I ever use in mine, or else a worn out stock WGP. Never heavier.

Anywho, some of my most recent builds:

1. Inception mini fighter (No volumizer)
    Valve - CCM
    Hammer - Inception Designs
    Springs -CCM valve and hammer
    AKA Sidewinder, longest extender
    Input pressure - Just over 300 psi
    Bolt - AKA Lightning

Shoots putt-putt soft for a full case on a single 68/4500.

2. '99 right feed frankenbuild
    Valve - homebrew frankenvalve
    Hammer - WGP
    Springs -custom valve, green Maddman hammer
    BL Torpedo with modified CP extender
    Input pressure - 225 psi
    Bolt - AKA Lightning

This one is a test bed for prototype/tinkering stuff, and is still a work in progress. Shoots nice and fast, though.

3. '98 scrapyard right feed
    Valve - old school turbo valve
    Hammer - WGP
    Springs -WGP
    Reg- WGP 2k
    Input pressure - 400 psi
    Bolt - old school Eclipse

This one is made up of mostly junk/reject/spare parts that I refurbished just for fun, learning, and challenge. So unimpressive and unattractive on paper. So dialed in on the field. Shoots amazingly fast, soft, quiet, and consistent, and is one of the reasons I started rethinking WGP stuff for serious builds. Absolutely love this one.

PS: am also interested to hear some feedback on the Inception 9/16 valve. It's been awfully quiet out there on the forums since it hit the market.
    Last edited by Menace; 01-15-2020 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kroniccocker View Post
    And provide some pics for us aka junkies

I planned on swapping the pnues for black stuff and swapping the LPC for a mitey max. I need to break free the detent cover as the little hexs are kinda rounded. Other than that, she runs like a top.

Ill get operating pressure data soon.

Oh, that's nice. Very clean.

"This one is made up of mostly junk/reject/spare parts that I refurbished just for fun, learning, and challenge. So unimpressive and unattractive on paper. So dialed in on the field. Shoots amazingly fast, soft, quiet, and consistent, and is one of the reasons I started rethinking WGP stuff for serious builds"

gotta tell you after all these years and trial and error nothing better than stock WGP internals. they tune right in and work beautifully, no hours of headaches

Updated with some black parts

edit:
    I am taking pressure measurements tonight.

^ looks better. like that slider

To get back on topic:

I pressure tested that sidewinder reg last night at work. I fed it @ 500psi from my maxflo setup. The reg was setup on my test block with a mechanical gauge and then piped into a pressure transducer on my test stand at work.
    Between the two, the gauge read about 220psi but the digital pressure reading was coming up at 205psi. I plan on swapping out a couple different transducers to see if that shows any difference. I tend to lean toward the digital readout vs the mechanical gauge only due to the manufacturing processes of each. Those little gauges are too complicated nor do they have the best accuracy. The pressure transducers should have far greater accuracy to measure the reg pressures.

Unicorn Poop:

-Freeflow valve
    -SLPS valve spring
    -Medium hammer spring
    -IVG flush at 290fps (could probably trim the hammer spring a bit)

~250psi OP...extremely soft shot.

Shooting Vid: Unicorn Poop

Nice!

What kind of efficiency are you getting with the SLPS valve spring in that setup? And by 'medium' spring, what do you mean? Maddman, or some other?