Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What internal are you running.

I once had a 99 f/x cocker that would drain the valve chamber to zero on every shot. Had a gladiator reg on it that was doing real work.

Inception valve sounds like a winner if it is indeed a tornado copy. Best I have used apart from that has been the SLPS.
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

Anyone using a rocket valve these days? Curious what results people are getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
    Virtus Et Peritia

Quote Originally Posted by baconquilt View Post
    Going to be trying out a new one with the aforementioned AKA internals.
    I will hook it up to a pressure transducer at work and give you an exact psi the HPR will be set at.

AKA valve, hammer and IVG.
    Looked like AKA valve spring and a red main spring.
    2 oring lightning bolt.
    HPR will be a tall sidewinder.
    I have never used a red spring in all my years. Interested in hearing your results.

Quote Originally Posted by pbalien73 View Post
    I have never used a red spring in all my years. Interested in hearing your results.
    Seems overkill IMO but I figure try it out the way it came to me first then maybe do some swapping around. Leads to too much recocking force and the opposite of pinching paint. lol

Does seem like a little bit of overkill. I used to run the heavy mainsprings but never liked the feel of it and how it needed to be adjusted for the added straight of the spring.

Lighter springs and a heavier hammer, for me, always worked better. A little more sensitive to tune, but if you have paint, air, a chrono, like 20 min of free time, .ect, you should be fine.

granted, stronger springs did give me a lot less +or- over the chrono but, but for me, fps does not matter, just a quiet shot and predictable ball placement. Now that makes for a good snapping build. Cocker or pump, dude, that's just sweetsweet.

MQ2

Nuff said

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Very cool build trbo.

Back to the aka lowers discussion.. I was always under the impression the fingers on the valve stem were to facilitate the air pushing the valve closed, meaning a lighter valve spring could be used. I’ve also heard people saying the early aka springs were super light, yet all the recent aka kits I’ve bought have rather stiff springs. I have a green valve with a slps hammer on my inline and it’s super smooth however I’ve never tested to see what the output on my hpr is..

Just did some tuning last night and got tired of messing around so I put a red mainspring into my BM. Shot consistency cleaned up and I didn’t have to touch the LPR (had a blue main before.)
    Using OG Shocktech (RAT-II and Phat hammer) lowers.
    Sings now - check out the vid on YouTube - OrmusDeMercs is the username.
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

I got out last weekend and played with that red VLM. Over the chrono was mid to high 270's with a field limit of 280. Pretty consistent too.

Now I need to hook it up to a gauge and see what it was running at.

Quote Originally Posted by baconquilt View Post
    I got out last weekend and played with that red VLM. Over the chrono was mid to high 270's with a field limit of 280. Pretty consistent too.

Now I need to hook it up to a gauge and see what it was running at.

And provide some pics for us aka junkies