Thread: Inception roller sear

Inception roller sear

Has anyone used one of the new ID roller sears in a non ID slider frame like a benchmark/ans/belsales/shocktech?

https://www.inceptiondesigns.com/ROL...p/ifp-1001.htm

Description says it works in some frames. Curious which ones it fits.

Not sure - but I recently friended Simon on FB and he was super responsive to my questions.
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

There are some days I wish I had FB. lol

There have been a few posts on the autococker fb group about this. Apparently you have to sand/file about .020 inches off the sear for it to fit most standard frames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
    Virtus Et Peritia

Quote Originally Posted by Magmoormaster View Post
    There have been a few posts on the autococker fb group about this. Apparently you have to sand/file about .020 inches off the sear for it to fit most standard frames.
    These are the details I’m looking for. Thanks

http://www.nummech.com/prod_item_telossear.html

I personally haven't tried them but they are designed to drop into standard cocker frames...

Quote Originally Posted by njr_11 View Post
    http://www.nummech.com/prod_item_telossear.html

I personally haven't tried them but they are designed to drop into standard cocker frames...

I have one of those and my initial reaction isnt too great. Yes they are drop in replacement, at least on the frames I tired (Benchmark, PMI Perfect)

I do not like Titanium Nitride plating/coating that us on it. It absolutely does not promote a smooth pull in the slightest.
    I was going to try sanding it off and going with a regular old polish job but ended up just throwing a belsales roller in it instead.

I am curious of the finish on the ID roller sear if it is smooth and polished or just tumbled/matte finish? Specifically on the surface that touches the lug.

Second time I have heard of the Nummech stuff not being of such top quality.

I have an ID roller in my RIP frame and have had no complaints.... But I think most know me as the ‘good enough’ type.

Docfire did a full review of the frame on YouTube and goes over the sear in detail.
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

Quote Originally Posted by wiffle32 View Post
    Second time I have heard of the Nummech stuff not being of such top quality.

I have an ID roller in my RIP frame and have had no complaints.... But I think most know me as the ‘good enough’ type.

Docfire did a full review of the frame on YouTube and goes over the sear in detail.
    Ill check it out.

I will add to the Telos sear hate. I'm not sure if it's the plating or the bearing, but it feels like garbage. Might as well use a regular sear, with really heavy springing. I was told that using a rounded lug helps, but at that point, again, might as well use a regular sear. Autocockerparts.com sells a roller sear for $20, and it works quite well. They're not Psychoballistics or Extreme Rage, but I can't tell you how robust it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
    Virtus Et Peritia