Thread: Custom Cocker Half Block - No Idea Where to Start

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Custom Cocker Half Block - No Idea Where to Start

So.... As the title suggests, I'm looking at building a custom half block cocker. I've recently finished a one off custom build of a traditional 2K+ full body cocker and now I think I want to dabble in the half block realm. The problem is, I don't know where to start. I understand that the half block essentially has the rear of the top tube machined off the body and a sled is then pinned to the bolt and uses to cock the hammer. Simple enough so far, right? What I need is to be directed to a place which details how it all works... Does the pin which ties the sled to the bolt extend down through the sled and push the hammer backwards to cock it? In my mind, that seems like a reasonable guess...but I need to know for sure.

Who can point me to the place I need to be so that I can research the half block's finer details?

I've already got the body's upper and lower tubes drilled, ported and machined. Seen in the photo below:

This is the full body cocker that I just finished making this fall:

Thanks for the help everyone!
    - Daniel

Custom Cocker Half Block - No Idea Where to Start

You are correct sir. The bolt pin extends through the top tube, into the bottom tube, to cock the hammer. As a result, you need a "slotted" hammer on a half block build, which has the slot machined in the hammer for the bolt pin to catch on.

https://www.amazon.com/Inception-Des.../dp/B01N0OD47U
    WTB: Gen 2 and Gen 3 SFL Autocockers

Excellent! I'm on the right track then... Thank you!!

I saw this build on Facebook I think - really good quality work!
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

Yes sir. I've been keeping the forum and Facebook updated with the build all year...lol. Thanks for the kind words.