Thread: Hose Keeps Popping Off

Hose Keeps Popping Off

I decided to take out my old 'cocker to test fire for function. However, when I aired the gun up, the hose closet to the front block decided to pop off upon pressuring.

I noticed that the 3-way was loose, is this the possible reason for the hose blowout? Could it also possibly be a faulty hose (or a combination thereof)?

usually the hose- they do age/go bad. as long as the barbs are ok, new hose should fix it. or if u have enough length u can trim a barbs length section off the hose and remount it-to give it a 'fresh' end to hold to the bard. 3way being loose is ok, thats how they usually are unless u put an oring or teflon tape on threads, 3 way hoses hold it in position

Most likely, old hose just doesn't have the flexibility any more.Secondary cause could be a worn/blown reg seat in the LPR
    www.moodypb.com, not taking any work, but the articles are still there.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I've replaced all the hoses and have solved the hose popping issues, but it appears that I am now experiencing leaking issues from my LPR barb. Could it possibly the barb fitting or, for whatever reason, a bad hose?
    Last edited by GROFO; 11-20-2019 at 06:20 AM.

possible. what did u use to cut the lp hose? best to use a new, sharp razor blade and make a nice clean straight cut, if not could leak, if thats ok check the barb for cracks or deformation. if all those are good lpr could possibly be over-pressurizing but not likely

LPR barb could be the issue - but if you’re going to service the barb I’d just as soon rebuild the whole LPR and take the opportunity to adjust it internally to a lower setting appropriate for your setup.
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

Does anybody know where I can find a barb for the Sledgehammer LPR? Also, what is the best way to remove the barb from the LPR?
    Last edited by GROFO; 11-20-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GROFO View Post
    Does anybody know where I can find a barb for the Sledgehammer LPR? Also, what is the best way to remove the barb from the LPR?
    Wrench or pliers or nut driver. Barbs are 1/16 iirc and the same as the 3-way barbs. I have traditionally stolen them from other parts but I suspect autocockerparts.com has something.
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's