Thread: Plugging Vertical ASA (VASA) Holes

Plugging Vertical ASA (VASA) Holes

I'm looking with previous experience in plugging the VASA. I can find a set screw for the threaded hole, but what have you done to plug the two air flow holes? Was there a specific size thread that you cut into the hole for a smaller set screw? Were you able to maintain pressure in the valve chamber by using simply using teflon tape or blue loctite around the set screws?

I'm aware that Inception Designs has a VASA Blank adapter which plugs the holes, but I'm looking for a solution that is flush with the bottom of the body.

Thanks!
    100% Feedback: PBN | MCB | Custom Cockers

Yes I have done it to my bolt action gun. IIRC I used a 10/32 thread and blue locktitie to seal it up. Worked great.

I have done it several times. The two smaller holes tap for 12-28, the center is 1/4-28 (already threaded). I have sealed the screws with red loctite. On the bodies that I have machined to be permanently "extended reach", I epoxy the screws in (after anodizing). It is a much cleaner look than using a blocking plate.

Quote Originally Posted by evil_racecocker View Post
    I have done it several times. The two smaller holes tap for 12-28, the center is 1/4-28 (already threaded). I have sealed the screws with red loctite. On the bodies that I have machined to be permanently "extended reach", I epoxy the screws in (after anodizing). It is a much cleaner look than using a blocking plate.

“Liked”

I need one of these for right feed pump