Thread: mcarterbrown????

mcarterbrown????

I got a notification on mcarterbrown a week ago.
    Finally had some time to check it out and all I see is this...

Any idea on whats going on there???
    Instant pro player just add paint!

Hacked
    I wield the ban-hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour as everyone stood in awe watching wiffle sell his RDL's

Quote Originally Posted by wiffle32 View Post
    Hacked
    Man I hope they get it back up...
    Who is hosting it? I don't understand why they getting hacked, didn't it happen not too long ago already?
    Instant pro player just add paint!

Lrrpie posted an updated on the FB group yesterday. here's an abridged version of what he wrote:

… Quick recap, some hacker brought down site, claims to have copied data, deleted everything, and wants $9,300 in ransom for Carter to get it back. That's a non-starter. Backups are old but at least lots of data will eventually get restored somehow.
    … For those who don't know all the details, mcarterbrown.com is no actual business but purely a hobby and is the sole property of its namesake... I'm both a long time member and mod of MCB (lrrpie) and a friend of Carter's. I have over 25 years under my belt of web server and Internet system design and implementation. My company, SOS Consulting, is taking over the hosting of MCB.
    Once we figured out what happened, Carter decided it was time to start fresh, something he had interest in already as upgrading from an older version of the forum software (vBulletin) had been problematic and thus never happened. So Sunday night I began building a new MCB server, hence the phoenix rising from the ashes. It will be the latest and greatest (get ready to be geeked out) version of Centos, MariaDB, PHP, and vBulletin.

So, MCB will soon rise from the ashes caused by some ransoming asshole. I'm sure that once the site is up and we all can recreate our accounts, there will be plenty of opportunity for input on how members would like to change or improve things.

oh, i thought thats what the phoenix was. cant wait to get mcb back