Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eclipse Cocker Bodies and Differences

Eclipse Cocker Bodies and Differences

ok....so there has been a large thread about these facts on pbnation( http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...eclipse+cocker ) which is a bit confusing, and also just recently a compiling of facts done by me, GT Hawk, Chrisshanks, uthomas, and most recently Jack Wood himself (http://www.customcockers.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7027)
    Now this thread is becuase that might be confusing also and maybe this will get a sticky for future reference, while the other will probably get cluttered by more questions and wondering why this is like this or that is like that. Now there are earlier Eclipses that were done, but this is being done to explain the differences in the Eclipse Electros.

Eclipse Cockers - 2000 -2005

this is an Eclipse Autococker - 2000.5/01 -
    *Standard Chrome Front Block
    *Chrome STO Ram
    *Chrome Angry 3 Way
    *Chrome WGP Sledgehammer LPR
    *Belsales Internals
    *Chrome WGP Ergo Reg
    *Metal Belsales Bolt
    *Belsales Elemental Beavertail
    (Image posted below has an updated beavertail, bolt, cocking rod, and pneumatics)

2001/02

Eclipse Blade Autococker 2001/02

*Standard Chrome Front Block
    *Chrome STO Ram
    *Chrome STO 3 Way
    *Chrome WGP Sledgehammer LPR
    *Belsales Internals
    *Chrome WGP Ergo Reg
    *Metal Belsales Bolt
    (This one has an updated set of Pneumatics, Beavertail, Bolt, and Cocking Rod)

this is a 2003 Eclipseblade Autococker

*Chrome STO ram
    *Chrome WGP chrome Sledgehammer LPR
    *Match Annoed PE E1 Frame
    *Nexus Internals
    *WGP Black Magic Reg
    *PE Dart Bolt
    *Belsales Wire Beavertail
    (the one pictured has an upgraded Ram and LPR)

Eclipse Pro Series - Early 2004 to Late 2004

Pro Series

*STO Comp style Semi Block ,
    *Chrome/Black Pneumatics
    *WGP Beavertail,
    *STO Internals
    *STO Ram
    *WGP Sledgehammer LPR
    *PE Dart Bolt
    *WGP Gen I Kaner Barrel
    *WGP Black Magic Reg
    *Black or Chrome E1
    *STO Beavertail
    (Milled by WGP)

Pro+ Series

*STO Matching Front Block
    *Chrome Pneumatics
    *Nexus Internals
    *Rex Kit
    *Nexus Ram
    *Belsales LPR
    *Shaft Solo Barrel
    *Match Annoed E1
    (Milled by Belsales)

Last edited by dbkid0486; 10-05-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Eclipse Factory - late 2004 - 2005

This is a Factory 1 - 2004 -

*Integrated FRM
    *Match Annoed Eclipse Ram
    *Match Annoed Belsales LPR
    *Match Annoed E1 Frame w E1 Board
    *Nexus Internals w Rex Kit
    *PE Dart Bolt
    *E1 Noid Cover
    *WGP Gen I Kaner Barrel
    (Pic shows upgraded Samurai trigger(not standard) and OOPS On/Off(not standard) Dye UL Barrel (not standard))

This is a Factory 2 - 2005 -

*Integrated Front Reg Mount
    *Match Annoed Eclipse Ram with QEV's
    *E2 Solenoid Cover
    *Nexus Dart LPR
    *BM Reg
    *PE Dart Bolt
    *Match Annoed E2 Frame w E2 board
    *PE Shaft Barrel

Last edited by dbkid0486; 10-04-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Eclipse Nexus Cockers - 2003-2005

Nexus Signature Series- 2003 -
    *Integrated FRM
    *Match Annoed Eclipse Ram
    *BM Reg
    *Belsales LPR
    *Match Annoed E1 Frame w E1 Board
    *Nexus internals w Rex kit
    *Dye UL Barrel
    (Marker pictured has an E1 samurai trigger installed. That is not standard.)

Nexus DC1 - 2004 -

*Match Annoed E1 with E1 Board
    *Eclipse Ram w Silver QEV's
    *Belsales LPR
    *Match Annoed Samurai Trigger
    *PE Dart Bolt
    *DYE UL Barrel
    (Pic shows OOPS on/off(not standard)
    (Position of Decals is opposite comapred to the Nexus signature series."NEXUS" at the Front and "ECLIPSE" at the rear)

Nexus DC2 - 2005 - Identical Milling as the DC1 with Same Jewel Placement....

*Match Annoed Eclipse Ram with Matching QEV's
    *Nexus Dart LPR
    *E2 Solenoid Housing as Well as an
    *Match annoed E2 Frame with integrated beavertail
    *PE Dart Bolt
    *Match Annoed OOPS on/off
    *Integrated Belsales Wire Beavertail
    *PE Shaft Barrel
    (Some late model versions came with Ego Style Cocker Clamping feednecks as well as Ego Style HPR's)

Last edited by dbkid0486; 04-26-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Now at times some parts or designs were interchanged....i have seen a Nexus Signature series
    with the same decals as a pre-04 factory...I have also seen a DC2 with a Belsales LPR instead of the
    Nexus Dart....so while most holds true, there are some that are a bit different,
    someitmes causing an uproar...

guy A says he has this, while guy B says his has this....
    then Guy A says his is not this because of this...and Guy B says it is and guy A is wrong....
    then one believes one and one believes the other.....

if you look at chrisshanks picture below, you can see how his Graphite Nexus Signature Series
    (AKA JACK WOODS SIG SERIES), has the same Jewel in the front as the Eclipse Eblade does in the third pic at the top.
    But in later Sig Series's they looked like the one in his Black Factory 1...More of the triangular
    shape as opposed to rectangle....

Last edited by dbkid0486; 10-04-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Looks good to me

Though the pre-2004 guns were technacally never called a Eclipse Factory Cocker. They were just simply Eclipse Eclipseblade Autococker.

Only when the integrated FRM came out were they called Eclipse Factory Cockers.

Jack

For Nexus and Nexus Directors Cut there was a total of approx 290 guns made.
    The Nexus came in Graphite, Black, Pink Lady(25), and Nebula.

The DC1 came in Graphite I, Black Jack, Turbulance, and Pink Lady(25)

For Nexus Directors Cut 2 there was approx 146 made.
    The DC2 came in Turbulance, Black Jack, Graphite II, and Pink Lady.
    There were 25 Pink Lady's.
    There were also "Custom" colors made, Platinum being one of them that was "available"
    and of the 146 there were only 22 made in this color.
    There was also 1 ultra rare Blood Red produced at a customers request.
    There was also the super rare Red2Black fade and Blue2Black fade.
    Supposedly there were only 5 of each of these made, but Jack Wood does not even know of them.

Last edited by dbkid0486; 10-04-2017 at 07:26 PM.

History of Eclipse from Jack Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post

OK, well going back to when we were developing E1:

I was basically working on my own in Eclipse developing mechanical products and I have no real electronic background or knowledge. Steve "Flash" Monks played on the Banzai Bandits with me, Ledz and Julz and he had beed working in the electronic process control industry for years and was bored. We knew things were moving away from mech and into electro at a rapid rate, so we twisted Flashes arm to come and work for us.

Our first "project" together was the Eblade, and we planned on making some prototypes and if we liked it we might make a couple of hundred to sell, to help cover the development costs and then move on to a "big" project like our own gun.

It was a joint idea to do the electro frame first, and originaly there was going to be no eye at all. After working with the Shocker and some of the other early electro frames I said that it was a pointless excercise if you didn't fit eyes, and we'd be just creating 200 paper-weights. I basically said "if it ain't got eyes, I'm not doing it" and threw my toys out of the pram!!

Well once we had that one cleared up, we had to pick a sensor system. I knew that this thing was going to be primarily self-intall, knowing the cocker market quite well, so it had to be as easy as possible for any body with a drill to install. Break-beam needs twice as many holes, in good alignment, as well as having to get a set of wires over a pump arm. Pump arms are all different sizes and lengths, some with the knuckle passing right below where one side of the eye would have to go.
    It only really left the reflective sensor as an option. Sure it has drawbacks over the break-beam, but they are far out-weighed for the general user by how easy it is to install.

And that about sums up the decision making process. I have no doubt that if we had gone for break-beam in the early days the product would not have taken off as successfully as it did. Even right to the end, I never came up with a solution that I was even 70% happy with for installing break-beam eyes, and hence why you never saw any on even the very last E2 framed guns.

For Aurora, basically Jacko who runs our RI office met this guy at a social function who did the process and suggeted we tried it. Personally, I hated it, and still do. Chrome or nickel plating aluminium is just such a huge nightmare that I didn't want to get involved in.

By the way, there are more than 10 Eclipse Aurora cockers out there. Don't ask me how many, because I don't know. Definitely more than 10, though. It is one of those urban legends that just won't die, o matter how many people you tell.

It is correct that we stopped doing them because of the failure rate and cost.

We had a WGP bady shipped from the US to the UK, shipped to Belsales to machine, shipped to PE, shipped back to the US where it was chrome plated and Aurored, then shipped back to the UK, and inspected, and if it was no good, had to go back to the US and then back to the UK, and then eventually shipped back to the US (most of them) for sale!! Those babies travelled twice round the world before they even got a single shot fired through them.

As for ideas, well even though to this day I have never seen one, or seen a gun work with one in, I wish I had come up with the MQ idea. I think if we had come up with that at the right time we could really have blown that up in a big way. With our ability to manufacture, market and distribut it, and a huge fan-base backed off the Eblade, it would have been HUGE.
    What Happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Paint HR View Post
    PaintHR: Why did planet eclipse leave the cocker platform?
    For many reasons. We wanted to produce our own gun. To do that you cannot endorse and improve a rival product. It would be like Mercedes AMG having a tuning factory to work on BMWs. It is just not good business sense. Plus WGP was in a time of upheaval with its sale to K2 and they were becoming more difficult to work with.
    Last edited by dbkid0486; 04-27-2010 at 07:33 PM.

Release of the Nexus Signature Series

Jack Woods Release of the Nexus Signature Series

Well here it is then. The new Planet Eclipse Nexus Signature Series Eclipse Cocker.
    As you can see, it is quite revolutionary in its design. There is no conventional front block, the Front Reg Mount now houses the manifold and the LPR and the ram is mounted to the body via a small bolt-on bracket.
    This gives the same size valve chamber as a standard cocker (minus what would have been inside the semi-block screw) but the length of a mini-cocker up front.
    The second benefit is that there is now a dedicated air feed direct to the LPR, before the valve chamber. This is obviously with the aim of keeping the LPR supplied with maximum available pressure direct from the in-line reg.
    As well as all that, the Ram is a new design from Belsales. A completely in-house design, as opposed to the modified off-the-shelf SMC ram.
    The body is 3D surface machined, and as small, yet stylish as we could possibly make it. If you look, you can see that it is the same width as the frame, where possible. There are loads of really cool little features, like the eye cover sitting inside the body in the lower half (you can't sink it in at the top because of the depth of the sensor!) and the diamond shaped NEXUS Logos at the back.

What you see in the pics is what you get, plus the internals are Supercharger Valve, a new Eclipse DART delrin bolt and pin (the bolt in this gun is a Supercharger), New Eclipse Rex(TM) hammer and dialler kit. So you get the Grip feed tube, ultra-light, Black-Magic etc etc

Jack Wood
    Last edited by dbkid0486; 04-27-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Here's an interesting article that was done on Eclipses' cocker history. Link provided by Skinnyfatguy

http://eclipsehq.blogspot.com/2017/0...ow-really.html
    Last edited by dbkid0486; 04-26-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Another Saved