Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse Cocker Bodies and Differences

Quote Originally Posted by 300FPS Paintball View Post
    my biggest paintball wish is , they would make a DC3 special edition for people like us.........sadly that will NEVER happen
    I know man some of us have asked a few times

wow to my knowledge there is only one of those in existence .........Sigh.........
    and yes that is the only one in red.
    Last edited by dbkid0486; 09-09-2012 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbkid0486 View Post
    I know man some of us have asked a few times

and yes that is the only one in red.
    the real question is why won't they???? What ever happened to give the people what they want ......hell Lucas brought back Star Wars (don't say it, i know not as good) and PE could do it because Mr. Jack Wood is still there........ I would go as far as to say , I bet, there are some "Parts" laying around that could be assembled as we speak....... Dreams LOL

the real question is why won't they???? What ever happened to give the people what they want ......hell Lucas brought back Star Wars (don't say it, i know not as good) and PE could do it because Mr. Jack Wood is still there........ I would go as far as to say , I bet, there are some "Parts" laying around that could be assembled as we speak....... Dreams LOL
    when we asked the reason we got was the bodies. They said they couldn't get them. I suggested that we would supply them but never got a response after that.

I once asked Belsales what it would take to make some more.

"easy" they said - I just needed to order 100 of them.
    Old Feedback
    "Churches are human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind."
    Thomas Paine
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds if it had no religion in it"
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by WihGlah View Post
    I once asked Belsales what it would take to make some more.

"easy" they said - I just needed to order 100 of them.
    Start the sign up list now. I want 2, an electro and a mechanical. Only 98 more to go.

Thought I'd consolidate a bit of the information figured out about the short run of the first vertical feeds milled at Eclipse. Information comes from conversations with the original owner, actually having the gun now, and Jack Wood hims

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood
    Hi Adam,
    As I approach the age of forty (next week) I find it harder and harder to recall exactly what we did way back when.
    But that body does look very familiar. If in right, it also had flat bottom grooves milled down the sides with a little platform/cup left on the pump arm side to guide the pump rod.
    It looks like one of a short run that we did before we switched to Belsales for all out body machining. Hence the lack of front jewel pocket. It wasn't so much of a prototype as a short run (PLEASE don't ask me for the numbers!!) that was completed prior to Belsales taking up the reigns of machining all out bodies.
    I hope that information is sufficient for you, and please, feel free to contact me at any time with questions. I'll always try my best to help out.
    Regards
    Jack

This is how the gun is currently set up. A number of the original parts were swapped out by the original owner (two punch) as well as the lasering. I added the matching sidewinder, newer Belsales beavertail, black pneumatics and UL barrel, but eventually plan on restoring it to the original pneumatics and having it reannoed. Here are the main differences I've noticed:

1. No front jewels.

2. It came with a basic black VASA (no set screw, not anodized to match). The seller confirmed this was how he originally received it and thought it odd as well.

3. It came with a matching shroud.

4. It came with a black old style WGP inline regulator.

5. The windowing in the site rail milling is slightly different in shape..

This does have the platform/cup along the pump arm slot as Jack mentioned (in the middle and back), although you can see them in the ones on Ravi's review (http://mcarterbrown.com/ravi/Article...utococker.html). I assume this is something unique to the '99 spec ones and not only on the short run. Not having partial serial numbers also falls into this assumption.
    Last edited by skinnyfatguy; 12-06-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Another good reference to these. Picture thanks to dbkid.

And what the original boxes look like from this old thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3027214

i remember seeing that green/black one come up for sale a while back. boy thats a nice one!

in the next few days I'm going to clean up this thread and add some info. I feel it's been neglected. If you think you have any pertinent info please feel free to pm me.

What Im really in need is of some nice shots of pre 2k eclipses. I would like to add them into the mix, electro or not, they should be in here.
    Last edited by dbkid0486; 05-10-2016 at 06:19 PM.