Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member registrations

Exclamation New member registrations

Due to constant problems with spambots, all new member registrations are now being moderated before they are allowed to post.

I usually go through the list of new members every night. If you were denied then just send me a PM so I can fix it.

New members can also be proactive and PM me after registering so I know you're a real person, not just a bot waiting to post up material that we don't want on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modded-Like-Hell View Post
    we sit quiet as Bulldog preaches his kind words to mankind...

We have been recently trying to speed up the approval process (all mods can now approve member requests). As part of the process, accounts that are denied are automatically deleted. If this happens, please reregister and send a pm to one of the staff.

For Non US residents especially (helps with US residents as well), It is strongly recommended you fill as much of the profile information out as you can, this speeds up the process and helps cut down on mistakes. Filling out referrer, putting paintball related text information in your sig (websites are not checked), putting gun info in sig etc are all good ways to get your account approved quickly. This is STRONGLY recommend for anyone in Asia or eastern Europe due to the high volume of spambot traffic from these regions as well as a proactive pm to a staff member.
    Last edited by Listessa; 05-12-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Bolding a helpful hint on getting new members accepted.
    Pics of My Collection of 60+ rare and oddball cockers.

I have recently noticed an uptick in registration attempts by users attempting to use proxy or anonymous IP address. While I expect most of these are spammers, any account attempting to register through one of these and caught will be rejected. If you are approved and later on are found out that all your posting and registration is through one of these you will be banned, no exceptions. this is to protect the forum members here and is not open to negotiation, if you are an honest member of this site, there is no reason you need to hide your IP here.

Hey guys-
    Just a quick note about new members and registration.
    I've had some really crazy and time consuming stuff going on in my life lately (health issues and some personal stuff), so I have not been as on top of the registration process as I should be. I apologize.

If it's taken more than a day and you still have not received a confirmation email, PM me. I'll get to you as soon as I can if I get a PM. I even checked email when I was in the hospital or am too sick and out of it to spend a lot of time on the internet.
    I admit, when I am stressed I procrastinate even the silly stuff like the things I volunteer to take care of on a paintball webpage. So a quick reminder PM is ok by me and will generally get you a reply within a day or two.

There are a pile waiting to go through right now, and I'll get to them within the next few hours. I need to get my dinner started, and still have not yet cleaned up from work.

ETA:
    Done. All 12 or 13 requests are processed. Sorry for the delay. I know I have been slacking and haven't taken care of them for a while now...

So, no. No one hates you or something if it took time to get your registration to CC emailed. Just busy time, and I really am not around anything with internet during my work hours anymore.
    Last edited by Listessa; 01-07-2011 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Done for the day!
    I support PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals! Thank you Alaska Trappers Association.

Ok, I checked my CC email and it's literally filled with emails about registrations being rejected etc.

So hopefully this will clear things up.

1. Register as a new user

2. Send me a PM to let me know you are real (not a bot)

3. Send all of the mods a PM (cover all bases)

We'll take it from there. If you didn't get a confirmation email, check your spam box. Still cant' find it? Send me a PM and I can approve you manually.

Don't freak out, we don't hate you. We want you here. You meet the forum requirements as long as you a real person.

I know it's frustrating, but it's a system we had to put in place after being bombarded with spam posting bots.
    Last edited by Listessa; 05-12-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Highlighting your hints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modded-Like-Hell View Post
    we sit quiet as Bulldog preaches his kind words to mankind...

I think we're caught up for the moment. Believe me, it does cut down on the spam bots. I think 3 out of 12 were bots from yesterday and today.
    I support PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals! Thank you Alaska Trappers Association.

I would especially recommend sending something if you are registering from some place outside North America. It also helps to have some of your profile filled out, even if it is just to put a sig saying I like autocockers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
    I would especially recommend sending something if you are registering from some place outside North America.
    This for sure! Most of the time I deny international applications, though typically they are from Bangladesh or India.

Another plea- immediately after registering fill out something on your profile!
    Don't wait around for the ok. You should be able to do that immediately.
    ANYTHING will do. Even something like this, "I am a meat Popsicle who shoots gelatin spheres full of paint."

By doing so, you will help expedite the registration process. Otherwise I end up googling sign up names, emails, and IP addresses, for hits on other forums or spam places. It gets tedious and eats up spare time that I would rather spend doing something fun or relaxing.

Thank you.

Update-
    The Russian Spammers have found us. I denied over 20 that hit today alone.

If you are a real person, drop me (or a mod) a PM. When there are a ton of pending members, I need to put aside time to go through all of them. If I have a message, I can just jump on and ok that one person if I am in a rush.