PDA

View Full Version : Sov. History.

KPCS
05-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Ok ... I have heard roomers on who really came up with the Sov. idea.
I heard that they asked Palmer to come up with a design based on a cocker and came up with the Sov idea. Then they ran with it leaving Palmer out of it.
Is this true or false ??
Anyone have the real story on this ??

Ken W

Wolf13
05-24-2007, 01:24 AM
I've never heard of glenn having any relationship with the proline guys. Now, I won't immediatly discount it, Glenn is easily capable of comming up with the concept, and it wouldn't suprise me if he had napkin drawings of similier designs predating the sov. but I am inclined to doubt he took a direct role in the design, I'll ask tim though and see if he can get an answer though. A couple of things stick out in my mind though. It seems like Danny and Glenn had a falling out at some point, but i don't know when, why or how big, but it went from BBT Typhoons to FGP regs. The Sov was also contemporary to the blazer, both were in development at the same time. And really, has Glenn ever held back on taking credit when he feels credit is due? Danny was in the manuals, PCRI, APG etc for it. It wouldn't suprise me though if Glenn brainstormed it, over drinks he talked about it and it ended up on the sov a little while later, possibly after glenn discarded the idea for the blazer.

Hmm, thinking about it, I get a sense of Deja Vu that i've heard this one before. I'll be curious to see if Tim can give an answer.

KPCS
06-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Anyone here of anything ??

Ken W

Wolf13
06-30-2007, 02:35 PM
tim never got back to me

KPCS
08-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Any word from Tim yet ??

Ken W

FirePro84
11-05-2008, 04:16 AM
Word...

FirePro84
11-06-2008, 07:58 AM
on a more serious note, yes, it is true...Glenn did help design the Sov...in fact on my old workbench (which was Glenn's old workbench) there were complete original Sov body extrusions that never had anything done to them...i spoke with Glenn about it a couple times and if i remember correctly, Glenn did the original design work and layout of the Sov and then left the project or something, cant remember offhand. *If i get a chance to ask him again i will and let you guys know more.

k.macocker
11-06-2008, 12:02 PM
on a more serious note, yes, it is true...Glenn did help design the Sov...in fact on my old workbench (which was Glenn's old workbench) there were complete original Sov body extrusions that never had anything done to them...i spoke with Glenn about it a couple times and if i remember correctly, Glenn did the original design work and layout of the Sov and then left the project or something, cant remember offhand. *If i get a chance to ask him again i will and let you guys know more.

that would be great!! and thank you for the post.
Kmac

FeWolf
11-06-2008, 03:01 PM

That would be awesome!