PDA

View Full Version : Low Pressure Sovereign

Cody87617
06-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Is it possiple to use low pressure cocker mods on a sovereign? Is it possible to lower the operating pressure significantly? If you could, would it be worth it?

k.macocker
06-04-2007, 07:46 PM
running lp on a cocker was not worth it, so I would say the same on a sov as well. it was mostly a gimmic, to sell products. at least in my opinion.
but if you wanted to for bragging rights. I guess you coulc add a chamber between the lpr and the front vert asa assembly to add valve volume. maybe modify the bolt inlet and valve inlet/outlets.

do you have some pics of your sov??
Kmac

Cody87617
06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I can take pics later today, it looks exactly like the purple vert in the sov gallery, but it is rf. I am still waiting for all my e-bay items to get here, so I can send it out. I am putting on a cocker, double finger slider frame, gonna get cocker threads, male stabe. I would like to do more performance work on it, but I am going to need to get some feedback from KPCS before I know what can be done. I am getting really excited though, the gun is coming together.

Cody

Wolf13
06-04-2007, 09:18 PM
low pressure is a really misunderstood concept I feel. Doc once summed it up best by saying low pressure should be the result not the goal. focusing on getting low pressure can produce a low pressure gun with great parts, but it will probably not be the best shooter ever. Instead, focusing on putting quality parts and making a great shooter should result in being able to lower the pressure. Its a subtle distinction, but very real. I built a sub 200psi cocker back when LP first hit, it shoot and it was LP and wouldn't break paint; but it was also inefficient, inconsistant and not a really nice shooter. Once i bumped the pressure up to around 250, it shot great.

In a sov, theres not a WHOLE lot you can really do to lower pressure. without replacing the valve, your limited to hammer and springs. I'd worry more about getting it sweetspotted and leave it at that.